It’s international woman’s day and I feel it’s super important to give it a little bit of acknowledgement. Today is a day to celebrate all things woman from admiring great historical women who changed the world for ever, showing how much you love the woman in your life or even giving each other some extra support and encouragement however you choose to celebrate today make it your own. Do something that makes you feel empowered, strong and amazing. Take a moment out of your day to celebrate the most important thing in the world…YOU!
Empowered women, Empower women
In honour of international women’s day I decided that one of the things I wanted to do today was to take sometime out of the day to sit and reflect about how incredible I am. Now I dont want this to come across big headed or cocky but I think one of the most amazing all be it at times the most difficult thing you can do, is celebrate what you love about yourself and everything that makes you feel amazing inside.
So with that in mind for today’s post I am going to be sharing with you 10 things I want to celebrate about me!
- I love My sense of Humour, I get it from my dad and grandad and although at times it has got me in trouble, I love it!
- I adore being a guide leader, I love watching the girls become young women, with their own personalities and big ideas.
- I am so proud of myself for overcoming a patch of terrible mental health. I feel so much stronger than I ever did and I am sure this is down to this.
- My passion for my blog can’t be ignored, I am so proud of my achievements and never imagined it would be where is is today. I have worked so hard and it’s definitely starting to shine through!
- It’s took time but I am starting to feel comfortable being me, don’t get me wrong there are some days where I want to changeable few things but all in all I am happy with what I see in the mirror.
- I have a plan. I love that I have a plan for the future. I love the way my future is looking to be and can’t wait for it. The future used to scare me a little so now knowing I have a plan makes me feel so much more at ease and now I can’t wait for it all to unravel. Off course I expect for things not to go according to plan but I am ready for those challenges.
- I enjoy being unique. I am the complete opposite of a “stereotypical” 20 year old, I don’t have huge circles of friends that I go partying weekly with or anything. My social calendar is pretty much non existent and I love that. I feel so happy that I can devote all my time to guiding,work,blogging and Liam. This suits me so much and I love it, I am so content and happy with how this has all happened for me.
- Becoming the “perfect housewife” has always been something I long to achieve. And I am finally getting there. Although me and Liam both work, he works much longer shifts than me and hardly has days off. That’s why I have took on the role of the cleaning and cooking and life organising. I love doing this and I love how hard I work to become the best I possibly can be.
- I love how I get excited over everything and anything. I find excitement in my everyday life and This always makes me so happy. Find excitement in everything you do was something I read a few years ago and it stuck and once you start doing it it’s catching and you can’t stop!
- Watching Liam’s nieces and nephew grow up has been such an honour and to be part of their life is amazing and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Spending time with them is so precious to me and hearing them laugh makes the tough days I go through disappear. They bring me such joy and they always encourage me to see the positive in everything. They have helped me smile on even the hardest of days and for that I will forever be grateful. They have taught me so much and have definitely shaped who I am today.
Okay I know number 10 wasn’t exactly something I love about myself but it felt kind of fitting to include it. I would love for you to comment something’s you want to celebrate about yourself or how you are celebrating international women’s day. I Would love the comments to be a sea filled with so much self love!
Cheerio For Now,
You May Also Like….